Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th!



The Surburg family loves the 4th of July. I always loved the 4th growing up in Danville. I would spend my day at the Country Club swimming, playing and eating ice cream (it was free all day). Then, there was a cookout which were followed by fireworks at dusk. It was fun to just be with family and friends. It was the one holiday that we were always home. Then, Mark & I choose July 5th for our wedding day, and the 4th became an even more special day. We had our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner on the 4th and were married on the 5th. We had a great 4th this year. The twins are finally old enough, so we ventured out for fireworks with threat of thunderstorms. We saw a great display at the Kof C here in Marion, and missed the storms. Everyone enjoyed them EXCEPT for Matthew (he freaked out early on & spent the whole time on a shoulder of mine or Mark's). I'll include 2 photos. We all had flag shirts on.....I had purchased red for me & blue for Mark and then, Grandma S bought red for the kids, soooooooo we all matched except for Mark. It was fun!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Soooooo cute! Glad it was fun! :)